Patient Portal Log In
Link to your health information, encrypted email and TeleVisits
Accessing the Patient Portal
Staying connected with our office in between your visits will help us provide you with the highest quality care. We want to thank you for your interest in our portal. We hope that you will find online access to key components of your medical record will help you stay informed and engaged in your care. You have access to:
- Key elements of you medical record.
- Laboratory results.
- Clinical visit summaries from prior office visits.
- Secure messaging your WMR care team
Using any computer, tablet or smartphone you can access key elements of your password protected medical record, learn about your disease process, review labs and send encrypted emails to your WMR care team.
West Michigan Rheumatology now offers Tele-health visits.
In response to the COVID-19 epidemic, the president made an executive order permitting coverage of physician office-based telehealth visits.
These 5 to 20-minutes video visits are conducted via computer or smartphone through our secure Healow patient portal which is linked to your electronic medical record. The goals are to evaluate your current status, review labs and renew medications until a traditional office visit is appropriate. While this is not ideal, we do believe that it can have a place to evaluate new concerns, as well as assure safety and maintain continuity of care. We have confirmed that most regional insurers including Medicare, Priority Health, BCBS/BCN, United Health are covering this service.
To participate, you would need to have an account with Healow our free secure web-portal and access to a computer or a smart phone (Apple or Android). If you do not have a portal account our TeleVisit coordinator will assist you when she calls to arrange the appointment.
If you would be interested in arranging a TeleVisit , please telephone the office or email your rheumatologist through the web-portal.
Four Ways to Do TeleVisits
1. TeleVisits Using the Web-based Patient Portal
We have created a 5 minute video so you will know what to expect when you log on for the first time with your computer or a tablet with a web-browser. It will show you where to find the patient portal link on the WMR website. Once you have logged it walks you through the steps to join and participate in a TeleVisit. This should be a help if you are deciding if you can do a TeleVisit. If you already have scheduled a TeleVisit, this video will walk you through the steps and make you more confident login in for the appointment.
Learn more about WMR Mobile App
Using your iPhone or Android smartphone you can access key elements of your password protected medical record, learn about your disease process, review labs and send encripted emails to your WMR care team.
How to login to the Healow Mobile Patient Portal
2. TeleVisits Using the Healow Mobile Application
We have created a 7 minute video to so you will know what to expect when you join a TeleVisit for the first time with the Healow patient portal mobile application. It will orient you to the interface, go through the steps of a TeleVisit and demonstrate a complete visit. This should be a help if you are deciding if you can do a TeleVisit. If you already have scheduled a TeleVisit, this video will walk you through the steps and make you more confident as you initiate the appointment.
3. Doximity HIPAA-secure TeleVisits
There are multiple ways to securely connect for TeleVisits. We feel the best process is to use our electron medical record embedded software ‘Healow’. In cases where a person does not have a computer or tablet with a web-browser we use Doximity TeleVisits as a back up. You will receive a text from your doctor on your smartphone and all you need to do is respond by following the instructions. Watch the brief video to see how easy this is.
4. Face Time with an Apple Computer or Phone TeleVisits
Face Time is a application bundled with Apple computers, tablets and smartphones. It has a simple interface and is easy to use for one-on-one video conferencing. Prior to the executive order and CMS loosing of guidelines, it was not considered to be HIPAA compliant. This means for some technical reasons Medicare judges it to nominally less secure than other methods. These regulations have been loosened from March 1, 2020 until Center for Medicare Services dictates. During the state of emergency this may be the easiest way to do a TeleVisit if you have an Apple phone.
How we use technology to enhance and coordinate your care
- We use eClinical Works electronic medical records (EMR) software
- The EMR records are securely stored on Amazon Cloud with mirror backups in 5 US cities.
- Interoperability – our EMR ‘talks’ with other EMRs via the national standard protocols Carequality Framework and Commonwealth Health Alliance.
- Laboratory interfaces – we have built electronic bridges to Spectrum Health, MercyHealth – Common Spirit, MetroHealth – UM, Quest and LabCorp. This means you can get your blood drawn at ANY of these venders and they will be reported to our portal.
- Technology is used to increase patient engagement & shared decision making. We provide a free web-based patient portal and the IPhone or Android Healow Mobile App with patient specific educational resources.
- WMR website has multimedia patient decision aids for high stakes meds.